(1900 - 1963)
Painter, illustrator, designer of mosaics and stained glasses. Since 1914, he has studied at Szkoła Sztuk Pięknych (School of Fine Arts) in Mirgoród. In 1918 he joined the army, where he served as a volunteer in cavalry regiment. Badly injured, he spent half a year in hospital. Because of his shot knee, he remained an invalid to the end of life. From 1919 to 1921 he has studied at Athens School of Fine Arts. Then, he visited Naples and worked as a decorator in ceramic studio. He moved to Paris, where he settled down and repeatedly exhibited in galleries. For many years (1927 - 1945) he collaborated with stained glass designer Jean Gaudin, making stained glass for many churches in France and abroad. He also painted in oils, gouache and tempera, he often used pastel. Eleszkiewicz created expressive genre scenes, portraits and landscapes. Many of his works are in private collections in Paris, Poland and in the United States. Individual exhibitions of his works took place in Paris – The Société des Artistes Français (1926) and galleries: Art du Montparnasse (1928, 1929, 1930), Art Contemporain (1932), Drouot-Provence (1944, 1945, 1951), and Vieux -Colombier (1948). After Eleszkiewicz death, his works of art were exhibited in Paris: at the Galerie d'Atelier (1971), at Hotel Drouot (1972) and Versailles (1975), and also in New York at Lipert Gallery (1986).